Judging Process and Rules of Entry
- Entry is open to all convenience store outlets operating in the Republic of Ireland with a total sales area not exceeding 8,000 sq. ft and which in the opinion of the judges carry a comprehensive range of convenience store products and services.
- Entrants must be aged over 18
- The decision of the judging panel is final.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Only one entry per store (may include multiple categories)
- The organisers reserve the right to reject any entry deemed inappropriate.
- The judges may decide against making an award if, in their opinion, a satisfactory winning standard has not been met.
- All qualifying entrants will receive a mystery visit, with further store visits based on the results of the initial inspection. The winners will be announced at a gala dinner in the Citywest Hotel, Dublin on November 24th.
- By entering the ShelfLife C-Store Awards entrants will be deemed to have read and understood the competition rules and be bound by them.
- For an application to be valid each entry must include one exterior and two to three interior up-to-date photographs of the store being entered.
- Any store is free to enter the awards and all stores will be judged on merit. Stores that have won a Gold or National award will be included in all category judging, but will be excluded from the final round for the overall awards in the year following their win.
- The closing date for completed entries is September 30th 2021.
- Canvassing retailers for product or service nominations will disqualify.
All qualifying stores that enter the ShelfLife C-Store Awards will receive a mystery store visit from a senior retail consultant. Based on this initial assessment, a shortlist of stores will be compiled. Those short-listed will receive a detailed store audit.